Sign in to follow this  
Lucky

The Sunday Morning Classics Show

Lucky,

I didn't realize that about "Lakeshore Drive." I thought everyone knew that song.

A couple more for you. Everyone knows Kansas, but most don't know anything before "Carry On Wayward Son." But Icarus-Borne on Wings of Steel is an outstanding song.

I've climbed the mountains of the sky,

Without my wings, you know I'd surely die.

I found my freedom flying high.

I also like just about anything that Savoy Brown did, including Train to Nowhere

For the longest time, I couldn't find a copy of "Every Step of the Way." Couldn't even find the lyrics, so when I did find the song., I transcribed the lyrics. Love this song!

Most don't know Walsh was a member of Streets that had a couple of hits in the '80s including Everything Is Changing. Very different than Kansas or Schemer Dreamer.

I also like John Stewart. The former Kingston trio member had a couple of hits in the late '70s including Gold and Lost Her in the Sun

[smaller]Nearly Forgotten Bands Dept.[/smaller]

• Lothar and the Hand People . . Lothar is the Theremin.

• Seatrain an eclectic fusion band whose best album was produced by George Martin.

• Sopwith Camel is known for the silly Hello Hello but deserve recognition for their better stuff.

• Cat Mother And The All-Night Newsboys .. Their "hit" was Good Old Rock'n'Roll, a covers medley. I was partial to Strike A Match.

• NRBQ . . New Rhythm and Blues Quartet [smaller] AKA [/smaller] No Records Bought in Quantity . . Live perfomance Legends.

Sopwith Camel is known for the silly Hello Hello but deserve recognition for their better stuff.

NRBQ . . New Rhythm and Blues Quartet AKA No Records Bought in Quantity . . Live perfomance Legends. Here is Get That Gasoline Blues from 1974.

I was sort of familiar with the first album Hello Hello, not so much with the second. But I remember always liking Sopwith Camel, even the silly song. ;)

The NRBQ song was great! I wish there was more. :(

I'm enjoying all the songs everyone has posted here so much, I think I'm going to make a cd. Or two. ;)