Happy 50th Birthday NASA

Mike

Established July 29th. 1958.

FOR THE BENEFIT OF ALL

What boy didn't look up in the sky and dream of being an astronaut? Drinking my tank and wondering what it would be like to walk on the moon, or float in the weightless space above the earth.

One cold morning in 1962 (I was 5), my dad woke me up at like 4am. He led me to the kitchen, poured me a bowl of Cocoa Krispies, and sat me in front of the tv. He told me to remember what I saw, cause we were watching history being made. That was the day John Glenn orbited the earth.

Dad was right, it was history, and I remember every moment of that morning with him.

Edited by Guest
moon/earth, they all hang about up there in space. :)

What's needed is a New Menace, seeking the high ground of Space! (Can you say "Taikonaut"?) If that isn't enough to light a fire under NASA, what do you think Kim Jong-Il is really going to do with long range rockets? Imagine having to put up with "Radio Pyongyang: Live from the Moon." (Where are those Alien invaders when you really need them?) }:|

One cold morning in 1962 (I was 5), my dad woke me up at like 4am. He led me to the kitchen, poured me a bowl of Cocoa Krispies, and sat me in front of the tv. He told me to remember what I saw, cause we were watching history being made. That was the day John Glenn orbited the moon.

Dad was right, it was history, and I remember every moment of that morning with him.

Car, I think you meant to say "orbited the Earth", right?