Stirring With The Stars

Shawna

My cousin is a news reporter on our local news staion.... :)

And while visiting a friend in California years ago, we saw Richard Chamberlain in a restaurant that we were at...

:doh: And I completely forgot that hubby saw Christie McVee but the rest of the band must of been in the van...He had a summer job at a gas station when he was in highschool...and he also saw members of The Fixx while working there too... :cool:

Edited by Guest
I needed to add another X

• 4 weeks later...

I've had a chance to remember a few more people I got to talk to at their houses about bugs circa '76 - '80 (insert bug graemlin). :)

Ida Lupino - she was getting up in age and kept having problems with bugs in the kitchen.

Hal Wallis and Martha Hyer - I got to greet them at their breakfast table while the maid showed me to some other part of the house. He was a famous film producer and she was a former actress.

George Cukor - He directed lots of movies. We got to talk outside his front door and he was very friendly.

Harry Saltzman - a house right off of Sunset Drive. He would be out by the pool soaking up the sun as I was spraying all the bug juice on the surrounding plants. He along with Albert Broccoli produced the James Bond films.

I know I will remember more as time goes by.

Like I said... Bugman to the Stars

:cool:

I forgot my one and only brush with famous people until just the other day.

When I worked at the Holiday Inn here, I noticed a reservation for two rooms under the name Vince Gill. So I'm all, yeah right, Country music super star Vince Gill is gonna be here. Some body has some sense of humor. Lo and behold about 9 PM that night, I'm checking some one in, and Vince Gill walks up to the desk clerk next to me and says "Hi, I'm Vince Gill. We have a reservation for two rooms. We just wanted to let you know we're going to dinner, but we'll be back in a couple of hours to check in." The next day his wife Amy Grant asked me a question about the museum in town. All I can say is she is really beautiful in person and has gorgeous hair.