I need to validate my sisters existence!!!

hermanshaw

Hi everyone, I am joining you from Sydney, Australia. I am looking for your help to find my sister. A few years back my father had been to US and later he was back to Australia where he married a lady(the lady is now my mom). Later, I was born and when I grew up he revealed to me that I have a sister in California. I know her name and the initials but now I am not sure that whether I should make a search for her as I don’t even know if she’s alive and well. So, if anyone of you knows any ways by which I can find her existence, then please let me know about that. If you could give me any sort of help…it would be appreciable.

Thanks in advance.

A few years back my father had been to US and later he was back to Australia where he married a lady(the lady is now my mom). Later, I was born . . .

Whew, I thought maybe you meant you were born before your dad met your mom.

Welcome to SongFacts, hermanshaw. Hope you find your sister.

:)

I didn't know you were allowed to do that :P

there's actually not much to allow, IP addresses are exactly for locating computers within a network (like the internet)

we have access to the posters IP address for various reasons, and I think warning the general populace of a possible Spammer is one of them :)

Ha!! :cool: That s what I thought... so you can tell if I´m using my computer, my husband´s or the one at the office?

umm... theoretically, but not in practice, you get the IP addresses from your internet provider, so they actually don't point to you, but to the Servers they are using

also, many people are using dynamic IPs, meaning that you get a new one everytime you go on the internet.

if you and your husband are using the same router you'd have the same IP anyway

:)

I know what IP addresses are for and that you also need them for stuff like banning people, but it sounds a bit like you (mods, not necessarily you as a person) go round looking up people's IP addresses whenever you feel like it. Maybe I'm just overreacting and I'm not saying you actually DO that... just that information is not available to everyone for a reason and I'm not that comfortable with everyone being able to research my IP address just like that.

Again, I really don't think you do that.

And as I said, it's completely different for a good reason (spammers, banning, etc)

Edited by Guest

but it sounds a bit like you (mods, not necessarily you as a person) go round looking up people's IP addresses whenever you feel like it.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: sorry Seeker - not laughing at you, but... how do you look up an IP address? You're giving me much more credit than I'm worthy of, I'm afraid. :crazy: :grin:

I hope no one is taking this the wrong way :P I really don't think any of you do that!

Well, I don't know just where you can see people's IP address when you're a mod, but once you've got that, you just have to google for a site where you can look up IP addresses and enter the address you got from someone's profile

I know what IP addresses are for and that you also need them for stuff like banning people, but it sounds a bit like you (mods, not necessarily you as a person) go round looking up people's IP addresses whenever you feel like it. Maybe I'm just overreacting and I'm not saying you actually DO that... just that information is not available to everyone for a reason and I'm not that comfortable with everyone being able to research my IP address just like that.

As I said, it's completely different for a good reason (spammers, banning, etc)

yes, I see your point

and I guess that we actually could do that too... :P

I doubt, in our case, that most mods would bother to, I mean what's the point?

and the information isn't as interesting as you might think, see here it shows the general part of the country, maybe the city, but eg in my case it's usually a couple 100km off ;)

maybe another general comment: anybody who has a website (blog, etc.) can see these addresses, and they could tell you months after, when what IP address accessed what page on their site for how long

eg, google saves every single search we make with them - the CIA is jealous of their databases

there is no such thing as 'privacy' on the internet...

(1984, anyone? :P )

;)