Random Photos Thread

Epiphany

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Working class rules" has been around for decades. THAT is all the craze here, alll the time. People wanting to be working class, and thinking they're working class when they're really not- it's the same warped idea of what's cool. I'm middle class, so what?

"Working class rules" has been around for decades. THAT is all the craze here, alll the time. People wanting to be working class, and thinking they're working class when they're really not- it's the same warped idea of what's cool. I'm middle class, so what?

I just made exactly that post^ in the book review thread :laughing: :thumbsup:

they're funny - they make people stop their bland daily routine for a moment and reflect on it

it doesn't matter if the meaning they convey is objectively uttermost rubbish.

Everything that makes people think is a good thing :)

(dunno if that makes any sense :crazy: )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been working on this monster for a couple of weeks! It is a 360 degree pano of my city of 3 million people. The work involved the stitching together of 19 full-sized photos taken from 4 tripod placements atop one of highest buildings. Every replacement of the tripod meant perspective changes, so much adjustment had to be produced in digital editing. This will be the entryway piece to a photo exhibition I will have in August, at the perfect gallery for my work. I was there 3 years ago and that exhibition opened many doors for me. Hopefully, this one will continue those door openings. The title of the exhibition is "The Art Of Work" and will be comprised of a variety of photos of people performing their occupations and avocations in my city and throughout the state.

Note: I am sure this puny Photobucket file will not be very impressive here, but in real size (1 meter X 8 meters) the detail is incredible. Individual homes miles away from the set up location can be seen clearly. The full-sized photo file is 1/3 Gb.

Curitiba.jpg

wow. You never cease to amaze me. How many photos did you actually take to get the 19? And how long did it take you to take the photos?

This is like "Shanghai Nights" when Owen Wilson is hanging from the big clock tower and yells, "I can see my house from here!" :grin:

Thanks, Shawna.

I was on top of this building for an hour. You don't see a lot of cars on the streets because this is a secured area and I had to schedule in advance a Saturday morning shoot with the head of security. It was a one time offer. That morning broke foggy and it NEVER is foggy in Curitiba! lol But the fog lifted just enough to make it worthwhile, as I drove to the location. I shot about 70 photos total in a variety of fromats. Decided to use the up and down portrait orientation slices - which meant more photos to stitch together than the sideways landscape format, but offered much more depth and detail after put together.

Very cool ,Steel ! I love cityscapes , either in photos or sketches or paintings- so many different things to focus on each time you look at them . I'm sure the locals would love to buy one if you put them up for sale . If you did one of central Paris, London, Istanbul or one of those picturesque New England towns sometime , I'd buy . :)

Edited by Guest