Gnarls Barkley video banned by MTV.

MindCrime

MTV has banned the new Gnarls Barkley video, Run, amidst concerns that it might cause fans ton experience epileptic seizures.

The clip apparently failed The Harding Test, a procedure which determines the severity of strobe effects in visual media.

"I don't know exactly what's going on, but we're having issues. I think the video is cool. It works for me,†Gnarls Barkley member Danger Mouse said.

Gnarls Barkley’s new album The Odd Couple will be released on Apr 8.

[The Star 3.7.08]

Lots of DFX+Op Art at overclocked-Amiga display speed. Reminded me of what Little Richard could do with just some makeup and a killer guitar. Overall, an energetic performance by the dancers, and a didn't-break-into-a-sweat pantomime by the "musicians." :beatnik:

[big]Gnarls re-shoot video[/big]

[smaller](Monday March 10, 2008 05:07 PM)

yahoo.co.uk[/smaller]

The new Gnarls Barkley video is no longer banned, after the promo was re-shot amid fears it could prompt epileptic fits.

The duo's comeback single "Run", comes accompanied by a clip featuring Justin Timberlake.

However the original video failed "The Harding Test", which gauges the impact of strobe lighting on the audience.

Singer Cee-Lo Green has now confirmed work on an edit is complete. "It seemed justifiable to hesitate a bit to make sure it didn't result in something severe.

"We just focused on any compromise we could come to. We didn't get too agitated - we just concentrated our focus on how we could resolve the problem", he told Billboard.

Meanwhile, it was today confirmed that the new Gnarls album, "The Odd Couple", will now be released on March 31, a week ahead of schedule.