Thriller

Abbafan1972

I see that Michael Jacksons Thriller has been rehashed for it's 25th anniversary.

Does anyone know if there's any truth in the fact about the audible "knocking noise" just before Eddie Van Halen starts his guitar solo being a technician accidentally knocking on the studio door, as he didn't realise the take had started.

A second to both remarks.... It's true.... and welcome to SF! :D

Since you probably shouldn't just take mine & Kevin's word for it, check wiki. Eddie Van Halen did the solo work for "Beat It". The knock comes at approx 2:45 into the song. ;)

Edited by Guest
clarified. :)

Thanks. I meant to say I referring to Beat It, but I was typing in a hurry!

Yes I got the info from Wiki, but just wanted a second opinion as to whether it was true.

Honestly, It seems that I have known this for a long time, but other then wiki, I didn't look for further proof. I've never doubted it though, and it seems to be an accepted opinion everywhere else I looked.

• 4 weeks later...

It's also highly regarded as the Best Solo of all time (or most successful Album Track featuring a solo) by many publisicists.

I'd give it "best guitar solo by an outside performer" except that Clapton on While My Guitar Gently Weeps reigns supreme.