Woodstock 1969-unknown song ID

BZ

Ok,

This quest (if answered) will say who knows their music !!

I have been searching for years to ID this song - no luck yet. It appears in the Woodstock (Main) movie during the part where it HAS rained and an interview with organizers is going on, as well as a Helicopter dropping clothes on the crowd.

About the song: All i know is it sounds alot like the Riff from Frampton's "Do you feel like i do", BUT it is on flute . Framptons song was not out at that time (1969) as far as i know.

Also, i am guessing it may not be one of the attending bands, and is instead a Record Player (which i know they used there) playing tracks over PA.

Could be anyone - but i have nerever heard the song anywhere else.

IF YOU can name it - you rock, you are the ALL time winner of music trivia !!!

Again , i dont know. i know it is not Sweetwater, i dont think it is Keef Hartley, may be Bert Sommer, who knows-anyone ??

cheers,

BZ

Thanks all....its not Goin Up the Country . Be sure to see the specific scene (above-with Helicopter dropping flowers and clothes / Artie and Mike being interviewed) , its not part of the soundtrack per se, its more like background ambiance at the concert - if need i can get a scene-time code on the DVD, or see here on YouTube:

in the 2nd half of this clip - or i can get the orig DVD trk. This is not a well known song, one will have to be a collector to call it , prob - heck i am and i dont know it !

It sounds like Sweetwaters' style, but i have all Sweetwater and i dont know this tune.

The search goes on...

BTW - any fans be sure to check out Bert Sommers on YouTube @ Woodstock (i'd gladly pay for official copies of it - but they dont exist in USA) - i cant belive they left him out of film - Like Mountain, etc....Awesome !!

Edited by Guest

Thanks all - its in the Original Woodstock ....

If you have the Woodstock DVD, go to > Side A > Chapter 25 "What its all about" ....at about (timecode) 1:37:00 into scene, you'll hear it in background of scene - it goes on about 1-2 to about 1:41:00 minutes.

Its hard to hear-you have to ignore foreground and listen a few times over and over.

There is some guitar that sounds like "Do You Feel.." (Frampton) and Flute.

Reminds me of Sweetwater or Its a Beautiful Day... but who knows - anyone?

-Trivia: the people in right frame 'doin it' later sued Warner Bros for having it in film - go figure !

Cheers :)

BZ

• 1 month later...