Jimi Hendrix - Fire (animated video)

Clara

I wonder if anyone can help me name a video that I saw many years ago. I think it was a Jimi Hendrix song, possibly Fire.

The video was a kind of psychadelic animation of a woman and she transformed into different poses and images as the video went on, some of them quite erotic. The drawing was very colourful but the background was simply black from what I remember.

I've been looking for this on Youtube and other places but can't find it anywhere. I hope I didn't just imagine it after one too many vodkas or something! I'm sure it exists, although I'm not sure if it's by Jimi Hendrix or someone else. I presume the video is late 60's, early 70's. I saw it in the early 80's (I think!!). Anyone have any ideas about who/what it is and where I can find it? Thanks.

Edited by Guest
wtg laurie :)

Thanks Laurie! That's the one. It's funny, the animation is a bit different from how I remember it, and I don't remember Jimi being in the video at all. It may be a composite of the animated video and a live show, or maybe I'm just getting old and losing my memory!

But that's definitely the animation I was thinking of. I really like it and wanted to show it to someone. So thanks so much. Now I can go and get on with my life! :)