Ancient Places, Sacred Lands - Phoebe Snow (download link please)

babyteen

There's this song that I heard when I was in first grade, when I once borrowed a copy of "Reading Rainbow Songs" from the library at Westmoreland Elementary School in Eugene, Oregon. The song was "Ancient Places, Sacred Lands", which I just found out is sung by Phoebe Snow. I was wondering, does anyone have any possible suggestions of where I can find a downloadable version of that song? Or if anyone has it, can they post it on YouSendIt for me? I would kindly appreciate it.

Edited by Guest
title

I'm surprised that in all the ways I've searched, all the keywords I've typed, and all the places that you could possibly find downloadable stuff, it hasn't showed up. I wonder if there's a website or software with downloadable music, that might have this song? To me, it seems to be a rare find.

I've had no luck on a download link for this either. But I did find a 'Best of Reading rainbow' released in 02 or 03.

found it at

alltheweb.com

key words/ ancient places, sacred lands.

no audio download, but the production seems to be available for a price. From all searching I did, it seems that the song (in its full length version) only excists on some studio master tape, and was never used in whole. But I cant be sure about that...

Jim

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...

No, actually the song you are originally asking for is included in the album that Lucky very kindly researched and provided a link to :)

" 2. Ancient Places, Sacred Lands

Come sit beside me, and hear a story

Of long ago when the people lived free

And named the waters, and all the places

High and low

There was a plain they called Chicago

It meant a place where strong things grow

And Kentucky meant the land

Of green meadows

Refrain:

Ancient Places, Sacred Lands

Names we know so well

But no one understands

Mississippi means big river

And Miami means great water

Arizona means a place where

Small springs flow

(Repeat Refrain to end)

Go Back to Reading Rainbow's Greatest Hits . . ."

Thank you Lucky for looking for the song and providing a link, it seems to be the correct one based on the lyrics from the link :D You're a star!