Happy Birthday To You!

babyteen

Happy birthday Darryl. Hall & Oates made lots of good records. Love the blue eye soul.

Yeah Phil, you said it right! Good ol' Philly soul! Believe me, had it not been for Hall & Oates, I wouldn't have that ability to sing from my heart and soul! They sure showed me the way, as did a lot of musicians from The City Of Brotherly Love --- That's Philadelphia!

What's SF stand for?

It´s clear: Stand For. :shades:

Yes, Kevin is right, he´s not a Songfactor... :P well, happy birthday anyways... they make cute songs -sometimes-. Did you know that they used to have trouble when it came to take promo pictures? he´s so tall and Oates is so small they always would need a sit for Hall or Oates leaning on Hall´s shoulder, to make them look a little bit alike :cool:

S&G just didn´t care but they had no such record company pressure anyways.

(in case you didn´t find out, it´s SongFacts)

On the cover of one of their albums, I remember looking at it and thinking that Darryl Hall was a woman, he was so beautiful. Very androgynous looking.

But Oates was always the one with the great bedroom eyes. :googly:

Can you explain what you mean? How could Daryl Hall possibly look like a woman? And, John Oates with the bedroom eyes? What are bedroom eyes? Was he sleepy? I'm confused!

And it was also on the 11th October 40 years ago that this Darryl and the future Mrs.55 had their first date.

Dear edna, how could you possibly confuse him with me ? He only has one 'r' in his name. Also I have a deep Bill Medleyish voice and not much hair. Hall & Oates and the Righteous Brothers - both great 'blue eyed' Soul Duos.

babyteen, bedroom eyes can also be the result of a thyroid condition.

:)

How could Daryl Hall possibly look like a woman? And, John Oates with the bedroom eyes? What are bedroom eyes? Was he sleepy? I'm confused!

HallandOates.jpg

I think this will explain the former.

As for the latter, "bedroom eyes" is an expression that means sexy... he's looking right at you and you are the most important thing in the universe, and it makes you want to take him directly to bed without passing "Go" or collecting $200.