Most anticipated album in many years

Mike

Long Road Out of Eden

Long Road Out of Eden is the first studio album released in 28 years and the seventh studio album by The Eagles and will be released in 49 days on October 30, 2007. Interestingly, first year after the album's initial release, it will only be available from the band's website, Wal-Mart, and Sam's Club stores.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtCmIYpfUHY

I'm really psyched for this gem!!

eagleslongroadoutofedenha2.jpg

Well most anticipated album I would assume would mean more than a handfull of people world wide are looking forward to a release of a album from a group that has millions of fans and has sold millions of albums. Don't think many get all jazzed up about artists very few have heard of. Not slamming those obscure artists or the people who listen to them,but I think the numbers of albums sold by a artist worldwide speak volumes. Of course this could lead to the discussion once again about how the masses have little knowledge of music or have poor musical taste.

Well most anticipated album I would assume would mean more than a handfull of people world wide are looking forward to a release of a album from a group that has millions of fans and has sold millions of albums. Don't think many get all jazzed up about artists very few have heard of. Not slamming those obscure artists or the people who listen to them,but I think the numbers of albums sold by a artist worldwide speak volumes. Of course this could lead to the discussion once again about how the masses have little knowledge of music or have poor musical taste.

excuse me but didn't you see the ":laughing: ;) " I posted?

or did you mean Guns'n'Roses?

:stars:

before your post this thread had 5 posts: 3 about the new Eagles album, 2 about other albums

now is it wrong from me to think that your post of

"most anticipated album I would assume would mean more than a handfull of people world wide are looking forward to a release of a album from a group that has millions of fans and has sold millions of albums."

was directed either at me, Johnny or both of us?

to answer your question: "Chinese Democracy" is the first album of Guns'n'Roses since 1991, which was first announced around 2000 I believe...

to answer your question: "Chinese Democracy" is the first album of Guns'n'Roses since 1991, which was first announced around 2000 I believe...

First announced in 2000? Actually, it has basically been a work-in-progress since 1994, if you didn't realise. I doubt that there would be many other albums that have been worked on for 13 years. :grin:

^ well, I don't follow their career very closely... 13 years and counting, huh? :crazy:

It wasn't directed to any certain person or persons. This is a discussion thread and I was commenting on the discussion as it progressed,including your and Johnny's comments. That's it. It was nothing personal but I do applogize for not knowing what "Chinease Democracy" was.

of course ;)

I've been asking around since Tuesday, and do you know what? I haven't yet met a single person who is eagerly anticipating this album.

Must be the circles I move in, I guess.

Circles? By A Chinese Firedrill? (Joey Vera) that was not very anticipated. That came out last year.

I've been asking around since Tuesday, and do you know what? I haven't yet met a single person who is eagerly anticipating this album.

Must be the circles I move in, I guess.

Yeah,you would find people looking forward to this album who are in the "main stream" and know only certain artists who sing certain songs and aren't very adventerous when it comes to different kinds of music,like today's music for instance. Yeah,like the circles I hang out in :P .

I think maybe The Eagles just aren't that big in the UK; not amongst the "under 50s" anyway. :P

We grew up with punk/new-wave; it kind of did away with all that stuff. ;)

I grew up in the same time frame and there was punk/new wave here too.And I listened to some of it.But in no way did it "do away" with any classic rock music that me or others listened too. I'm sure that The Eagles have never been a huge hit in the UK,but I can assure you they were and still are,here. Even with the "under 50's" crowd. Oh, and I will ask today in "my circles" to see how much anticipation there is for the new Artic Monkeys album.

Geez. I have to say The Eagles new album rates slightly higher in my "anticipation book" than Guns n Roses' "Chinese Democracy" OR Artic Monkeys. I don't know whether that's due to my slightly advanced age (I'm riding 50 pretty well), the cicles I move in, or just the fact that I have incredibly good taste. All I know is that The Eagles have collectivly, and individually released some of the greatest music of my lifetime, and I'm thrilled to have more.

I've heard they've made this album available for pre-release download online for 10 bucks. Has anyone else heard that??

And if you take my good taste reamark seriously, and become offended, well to quote Kevin....get bent! :grin:

Geez. I have to say The Eagles new album rates slightly higher in my "anticipation book" than Guns n Roses' "Chinese Democracy" OR Artic Monkeys. I don't know whether that's due to my slightly advanced age (I'm riding 50 pretty well), the cicles I move in, or just the fact that I have incredibly good taste. All I know is that The Eagles have collectivly, and individually released some of the greatest music of my lifetime, and I'm thrilled to have more.

I've heard they've made this album available for pre-release download online for 10 bucks. Has anyone else heard that??

And if you take my good taste reamark seriously, and become offended, well to quote Kevin....get bent! :grin:

I think you have summed it up. My sentiments EXACTLY :bow: :bow: :bow: