Help with Limewire....

johnny

but with me click on the limewire icon and the window comes up, all good. but then the little bar down the bottom of limewire window loads different stuff (eg peers etc) but then it freezes on "loading digital access protocol"....

is this happening with you?

I don't know what Fin meant, but I was stating that surely both of you don't use Limewire as a way to rip off hard working programmers who get paid for what they do... do you? :shades:

what the hell else would you use Limewire for?!?

why is there another computer program besides P2P that you can get free music?

okay, it's like this: you can listen to mp3s in your browser, right? right.

soo... something you CAN'T do with IE, but what is very possible with Firefox, Opera or maybe others: you can download the mp3s you're listening to (via "Save target as")

(I always thought that there had to be a way with IE too, since the file gets temporarily downloaded either way, but I haven't found it yet...)

so, that's basically what's the first link is for

now, Aggregators are search engines that look through mp3-Blogs, searching for songs or artists, and I believe you should be able to download these files without any problems too - even if you're on IE

a bit more clear? :)

okay, let me see if i get this....

i know what listening to them in your browser is, but if you do that and click "save target as" you can download the file. So would you now have the mp3 file to put onto a portable device (eg mp3 player, iPod, usb stick)

is that it?

and what's IE?

okey dokey....i geddit....i think....

but has anybody heard of this programme where you can download FULL albums....? does anyone know what it is?

Ohhh, how I hope the FBI don't see this....

Okay, I really don't know anything about this.... :shades:

however, there is this website/program called ARES that somehow got onto my computer. It doesn't seem to cause any problems, whatsoever, and every now and then a song, or an entire album will show up on my computer, seemingly from me just wishing it to be..... :shades: