What Should I do???????

Danielj

My name is Daniel Gillis and I'm 13 years old. I'm from Canada

i wish I was about twenty years older than I am because of the music.

My problem is that I know there are so many brilliant bands from the 70's -80's era. I was only born in '91 so evidently I missed out.

I listen to all the famous old bands out there: Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Guns n' Roses, Ramones, Jimi Hendrix, AC/DC, Van Halen. goooood stufff.

I know there are other great bands out there that I have never heard because of lack of promotion. I have nowhere to hear it. Please help me out. Some bands that you guys like from back then that i might like.

P.S. Also any good sites to listen to music on would be great

Thanks a lot-Daniel

Your youth is important, & something to be pleased with LOL

You listed most of the good bands from back in the 70's, there's a few other's that are equally as good, such as Rush, Steppenwolf, Black Sabbath, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Aerosmith, etc.

A good place to listen to music is Launch.com where you can select what bands you like & they play them in a radio station format for you. The connection can be a problem, if it starts going through buffering mode to download the song, but it's worth a listen.

Yeah I uh have cd's by uh all that you listed except Skynyrd. Uh I have launch but i am looking for something that I can just search and listen instead of that radio station thing

Thx. anyway though.(I love my youth and my friends and the freedom and the athleticism all but the music)

My first post on this thread is lost in cyberspace somewhere ::

Daniel, I understand what you mean about being born too late. But the good thing is, the artists of today are sometimes influenced by bands of earlier decades.

Try Neil Young, Eric Clapton, Eagles, Black Crowes, Rolling Stones, Def Leppard, Allman Brothers, 38 Special, Bob Seger, Journey, Boston, Jackson Browne, Alice Cooper, The Who and Bruce Springsteen. Whew! :stars:

A couple of more rocking Beatles CDs you may enjoy: "The White Album" and "Abbey Road" :guitar:

Good luck!

Daniel, since you're only 13, you should be in bed by 9:00 and should have the headphones on, under the covers, listening to Side 1 of "Saturation" by Urge Overkill. You'll love all six songs. (My favorites are "Sister Havana", "Woman 2 Woman", and "Back On Me".) Side 2's not too bad, either.

When you reach 14, it should be either "Let It Bleed" or "Sticky Fingers" by the Stones, or "Physical Graffiti" by Led Zep. By then, you should be able to stay up until 11:00. Tell your parents I said so.

When you reach 15: "Give the People What They Want" by the Kinks.

Good luck, and rock on.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: