Above, Middle and Below-The Sequel

Kevin

Get an LA Weekly to see who is playing locally. If you like Hardcore and want to see one of my all time favorites, go see X. They are from LA and are one of the pioneers of the LA punk scene.

There are a few venues for music out here, so I guess it just depends on what you like.

For shops and atmosphere, go to Hollywood. Melrose Blvd, Sunset Blvd and Hollywood Blvd are good places to go and people watch.

Have you been to any of these places?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have, but it has been years.

Moby disk is pretty good, too. If you are ever in the Pasadena area, check out Pooh Bah's. They have a lot of stuff you can not find elsewhere. They used to be in an old house, but have since moved to Colorado Blvd. There is also Canterbury's and Penny Lane in Pas.

Have you bought a lot of cd's recently, or do you already pretty much have what you want for now.

True. I can take or leave most new music (mostly leave)

Did you know that former Pumpkin's keyboardist Jon Melvoin (RIP) is the brother of Wendy Melvoin (Prince's guitarist/ Wendy and Lisa) who is Susannah Melvoin's twin. They are all the children of jazz pianist and nice guy, Mike Melvoin.

I guess I still have some trivial information to share...

Yeah...

Jonathon Melvoin OD on herion with the SP drummer, Jimmy Chamberlain. Jimmy was kicked out of the band and the "Adore" without him. "Adore" (being my favourite SP album) proved to me that after a band has lost a vital member, it can come back and kick some butt.....

Agree?