Above, Middle and Below-The Sequel

Kevin

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Depends on what you mean by "bad" :wink:

> I don't mind learning anything. I don't fear anyone other than my parents. Besides, most bad things have something good, too.

v Do you ever see the silver lining on the darkest of clouds?

^ All of my possessions being burned in that fire where I used to live.

> Had I not moved I wouldn't be here and I have been buying cd's that I would have never even taken a second look at

V Same question as Shawna...

^ hmmmm... well, I don't know if it's a "bad" situation...

> My boyfriend is going to San Diego this weekend to visit his family, and since I can't go with him, I'm thinking he's probably going to be telling everyone about me. :)

V Once a person hits my age (ancient) I wonder if the term "boyfriend" is a little... weird. Do you have a term that would seem a little more grown-up?

^

No. "Boyfriend" sounds fine.

Why old people can´t have a boyfriend? Everybody does, it has nothing to do with age. I´m the oldest woman around here and I would have a boyfriend if I wasn´t maried...

Do you think love and age have something to do?

V

^ Perhaps. I think that older people think of "boyfriend" as being adolescent.

< The guy/girl I'm seeing? Is he your boyfriend?

Man friend? When my father-in-law was dating (in his 60's) he called her his lady friend.

v I'm even more convinced that "boyfriend" is most acceptible. You?

^

Men, cause they´ve been competitive for 10.000 years now. That´s mucho training...

Women have just begun to behave like competitive men in the last 50 years but first thing we care about is peace and food for our children.

Do you agree?

V

^ Nope

> Cat-fight is two women fighting. I wasn't referring to animals. But I still say women compete and have been for a long time. Even the June Cleaver's of the world were in competition with the neighbor over who had the best kids and the neatest house. Women also compete when it comes to husbands: why do you think they all like doctors?

V You're thinking I'm nuts for debating this :tongue:

Edited by Guest

^ nope, but i am thinking that with all the 'agree?/disagree?' questions it's becoming a little bit like the true or false thread!

< my gran's in her 80s and she always jokes about her 'gentleman friends'. i think boyfriend is fine, although i can see why you might feel weird about it. there just doesn't seem to be a better alternative. maybe we should make up a new term? like adult-male-companion! or grown-up boyfriend? or you could just go cork and call him your fella!

v can you think of a new term?

^ No and we don't care. We aint gonna scratch your back even if you are Slim Harpo.

< For the record since I didn't get to add my two cents on this: Women are the most competitve creatures on earth...with each other. So let it be written, so let it.....

v Are you googling Slim Harpo yet?