Rayzor

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who is Paul McCartney?

But, edna, your comment with the Songfacts Hey Jude entry gives the story a little differently.

Peter Brown, Beatles Assistant, tells:

"To help publicize the release of 'Hey Jude,' Paul decided to put the closed boutique at Baker and Paddington streets to some good use. Late one night he snuck into the store and whitewashed the windows. Then he wrote HEY JUDE across it in block letters. The following morning, when the neighbourhood shopkeepers arrived to open their stores, they were incensed; never having heard of the song 'Hey Juden' before, they took it as an anti-Semitic slur. A brick was thrown through the store window before the words could be cleaned off and the misunderstanding straightened out."

The Love You Make : An Insider's Story of the Beatles

[smaller]- edna, Madrid, Spain[/smaller]

Who is Paul McCartney?

But, edna, your comment with the Songfacts Hey Jude entry gives the story a little differently.

Not really, Master Sir Bazooka... :cool:

I said:

this musician had to remove the paintings promoting their new single in the shop's window because it recalled the nazi prosecution against the Jews in the thirties.

Yes, somebody threw a stone, but anyways, the promo had to be removed. OK, make it "the window had to be replaced". That would be slightly

different... but the fact is, to make it short, that the painting was eliminated because it recalled the nazi prosecution.

Do you find another difference in the story?

In any case, of course you're right and it's your turn...

edna darling,

I was quibbling over describing lettering on a storefront as "paintings", but technically-speaking that is accurate. And, besides, everbody knows I'm as big a jerk as Alex Trebek.

[smaller]Down Time for 400[/smaller]

This Jamaican group's musical career was suspended in the late 60s when the front man was jailed for a year and a half.