Trump to personally strip Miss USA

RonJonSurfer

Report: Tara Conner to be Stripped of Miss USA Title

Pageant organizers are reportedly unhappy with the 20-year-old's conduct in a series of NYC bar incidents. If she's dethroned, runner-up Tamiko Nash from California will be handed the crown.

Beauty queen Tara Conner may be on the verge of having her Miss USA crown taken away for inappropriate behavior.

Pageant organizers are reportedly unhappy with the 20-year-old Kentucky native's conduct in a series of New York City bar incidents.

Website TMZ.com claims officials are extremely unhappy with the current Miss USA's conduct in public and their rules allow them to strip her of the Miss USA title.

If that happens, runner-up Tamiko Nash from California will be handed the crown, and she'll complete the remainder of the beauty queen's reign.

Conner was crowned Miss USA in April.

Copyright World Entertainment News Network 2006

The Donald Keeps Her:

Trump lets Miss USA keep her title By ADAM GOLDMAN, Associated Press Writer

NEW YORK - Miss USA Tara Conner, who had come under criticism amid rumors she had been frequenting bars while underage, will be allowed to keep her title, Donald Trump announced Tuesday.

"I've always been a believer in second chances," Trump, who owns the Miss Universe Organization with NBC, said with Conner at his side.

Trump said he and Conner had met earlier Tuesday morning.

"She left a small town in Kentucky and she was telling me that she got caught up in the whirlwind of New York," Trump said at a news conference. "It's a story that has happened many times before to many women and many men who came to the Big Apple. They wanted their slice of the Big Apple and they found out it wasn't so easy."

Conner won the title in April and has been living in New York. Recent media accounts of heavy drinking brought a storm of criticism since she was underage at the time. She turned 21 on Monday.

In a tear-choked voice, Conner said, "In no way did I think it would be possible for a second chance to be given to me."

Turning to Trump, she said, "You'll never know what this means to me, and I swear I will not let you down."

Trump said Conner would be entering rehab. A pageant official said details would be worked out privately with Conner over the next weeks.

"I think Tara is going to be the great comeback kid," Trump said.

If Conner had been dethroned, her title would have been taken over by first runner-up Miss California Tamiko Nash.

Conner, a 5-foot-5 blonde, has been competing in pageants since age 4. After winning the Miss USA title in April, she finished fourth in the Miss Universe pageant in July.

In 2002, Miss Russia Oxana Fedorova won the Miss Universe pageant but was stripped of her title after violating her contract. Trump said Fedorova didn't show up for some photo shoots and charity events. It was the first time a titleholder had been ousted in the contest's more than 50-year history. Fedorova denied she was fired and said she gave up the title voluntarily.

___

On the Net:

Miss USA: http://www.missusa.com/index2.html

I agree with Psycho on this one . Rehab , unfortunately , has taken on an almost leisurely connotation lately as simply a place to hide out from the media when you've done something wrong ( send dirty emails to kids , act anti-Semetic , get a DUI , etc. ) rather than a place where people with serious problems go to get straightened out . It's a waste of time and resources for those who don't really require it nor want it - and , of course , wouldn't normally go there were they not caught .

I think this was a young girl who got carried away with NY and the glamourous life she was experiencing rather than a party-mad alcoholic . It's unlikely that she'd have made it that far if signs of troublesome behavior were in her past .

It would likely have been more appropriate to use her position as a spokesperson/' role model ' to speak ( or do some ads ) to young people about how alcohol and excess can jeprodize one's future even at that age , or something like that .

Punishment-wise , she's already limited herself from some of the plum jobs/ opportunities that often come to past winners : fast -track positions in cosmetic / modeling /fashion companies etc.

I heard , also , that this was one of the first years where the winner did not have to live with , or was being carefully watched over by a year-long chaperone . Perhaps that was a mistake by the pageant if they want a squeeky-clean image , and could've been part of Trump's decision to let her stay .