Bang Bang Maxwell's Silver Hammer Sells For $192K

RonJonSurfer

Beatles Lyrics Sold for $192,000

Lyrics for "Maxwell's Silver Hammer" was sold to McCartney's biographer Barry Miles.

A page of handwritten lyrics for The Beatles song "Maxwell's Silver Hammer" was sold at auction Monday in New York for $192,000.

The words, penned by Paul McCartney, were sold to the artist's biographer Barry Miles at Christies auction house. A guitar owned by Jimi Hendrix sold for $168,000, well over its $80,000 estimate.

A notebook belonging to Bob Marley was sold for $72,000, while a poem written by Jim Morrison and a taped John Lennon interview reached $50,375 and $38,400 respectively at the sale.

However, memorabilia from Britney Spears' school days made just $240. The review of ancient Greek writer Sophocles' work by 13-year-old Spears was so unpopular, bidding started at $50.

Copyright World Entertainment News Network 2006

I read an excerpt of Brit's paper on Sophocles', here it is "I can't wait until my freshman year is over because then I will be Sophocles'".

Note: OK, I tried my best to make a joke of this and I'm just too tired and uninterested to work harder than this. I have to leave now for a stupid Christmas party that I must attend for "business" reasons.... so there, that's the best I can do with freakin' Sophocles'.