Good Rap Artists

nobody_home

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kevin, you are a fool.

That's all I'll say for now, but if you would like an argument, we can have one (as long as it's not too mean!)

That goes without saying . :laughing: I'll have to decline your kind offer though , as I don't know squat about rap , other than it sucks and fills the airwaves with noise pollution - but , hell , it's your time to be young and have fun , so knock yourself out .

Mean ? Moi ? :shocked:

That goes without saying . :laughing: I'll have to decline your kind offer though , as I don't know squat about rap , other than it sucks and fills the airwaves with noise pollution - but , hell , it's your time to be young and have fun , so knock yourself out .

Mean ? Moi ? :shocked:

Well, if you don't know squat about rap, you shouldn't be saying it sucks ;)

Batman , it was simply an offhand , subjective ( yet honest ) , partly tongue-in-cheek opinion based on limited exposure to that music , and I'm sure most people saw/ will see it as being such and hold in the proper regard ; meaning unseriously or to ignore it completely . Certainly it's a treat to read informed comments or explanations here and learn something new , but I think there's room for posts of a less-than-informative or knowledgable nature too - Lord knows we have plenty already , and they can be part of the fun as well , don't you think ? :)

There´s very good Disco Music (Moroder sound, Philly sound, Motown, just to quote a few... ) and no need to dress

like a Disco icon to like it (and dance to it). I wonder if, in twenty years, hip-hop will have left its mark as deep as Disco did.

I think we're already near the 20-year mark for Hip-Hop and it's one of the popular forms of music as we speak. Disco itself never died, it only changed its image a bit. You think The Pet Shop Boys don't list Disco as a major influence in their music, or the whole Italian Pop industry of the 80s, or Latin Freestyle? The music we refer to as "Dance" nowadays is just Disco dressed differently.

It's difficult to see it as 'real ' blues when themes ( videos ) often revolve around ' the good life ' of chicks , cash , cars , and downing yet another bottle of Cristal .

Perhaps you're right , though . These material things may be really getting them down .