He Must Have Talked

Shawna

Kate Hudson, Chris Robinson Separate

Monday Aug 14, 2006 2:40pm EST

Hudson and Robinson

CREDIT: MICHAEL GERMANA / STARMAX

Actress Kate Hudson and her husband, Black Crowes singer Chris Robinson, are splitting, PEOPLE has learned exclusively.

The You, Me and Dupree star's rep, Brad Cafarelli, confirms that the couple are separating after nearly six years of marriage.

Hudson, 27, and Robinson, 39, wed on New Year's Eve 2000 after dating for about a year. Their son, Ryder Russell, was born Jan. 7, 2004.

In September 2004, while shooting Skeleton Key in New Orleans, Hudson told PEOPLE about her relationship with Robinson since Ryder's birth: "We're sharing something so gigantic now. I think it's the best we've ever felt being together."

---------------

I remember reading an article where Kate said it was alright with her if he cheated on her, so long as he didn't tell her about it.

He must have talked.

It was Kate not Chris!!!!!

Owen Wilson the Reason Behind Chris Robinson's Marriage Split?

The star's estranged wife, actress Kate Hudson, is rumored to be with the actor.

Kate Hudson's romantic relationship with her 'You, Me & Dupree' co-star Owen Wilson was the reason behind her surprising split from rocker husband Chris Robinson, according to media reports.

The star announced she was separating from the Black Crowes singer on Monday after nearly six years of marriage.

According to Us Weekly magazine, Hudson and Wilson kept things platonic while filming the romantic comedy, but a romance blossomed in June, when the two began the press junket for the film.

A source tells the magazine, "This is not (just) a fling. Kate is crazy about him. Owen gives her so much attention, and she loves it!"

The pair have reportedly spent many nights together at Wilson's home in Santa Monica, California and have even been spotted together having breakfast at health food restaurant A Votre Sante on August 3.

The source also says the pair "often shared hotel rooms" while promoting 'You, Me & Dupree' around the world.

A representative for Hudson did not deny the affair when contacted by the magazine and had "no comment."

Wilson's lawyer tells the publication, "(Anything) that suggests that the separation of Ms. Hudson was caused by Mr. Wilson... is absolutely false."

Copyright World Entertainment News Network 2006

Kate...seems to be a party girl!!

Actor Owen Wilson has hired Hollywood heavyweight attorney Martin Singer to slap a lawsuit on anyone who suggests he is responsible for Kate Hudson's marriage split.

His move comes following tabloid reports romantically linking the newly single Hudson to Wilson, reports hollywood.com.

The "Almost Famous" star announced she was separating from "The Black Crowes" singer Chris Robinson after nearly six years of marriage.

Wilson states, "For sure I wasn't the first guy to kill time with Kate in her trailer between takes either."

Mr. Wilson continued. "Hell, my brother [Luke] boned that chick every day on the set of Alex and Emma four years ago, just like Matthew McConaughey did when he co-starred with Kate in How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days.

That's why I jumped at the chance to make Dupree with her. Luke and Matthew both told me about this thing she does with a scarf and a couple of ping pong balls. I just had to see that one for myself."

Mr. Wilson, who likes to be called the Butterscotch Stallion, said he has "all the respect in the world" for Ms. Hudson, with whom he remains close friends.

"I'll always be there for her, man. Like if she ever needs a place to crash, I'm cool with that. Just don't say I blew up her marriage. It's one thing to ball a married chick, but it's another to say it means anything. That's tacky."

Is it me, or does that quote make Owen out to be a real jerk!!