Lollapalooza goes KAPUT!!

Jimmy1104

In case you folks haven't heard, the Lollapalooza concerts for this summer has been cancelled. In all seriousness, these concerts have gotten worse over the years. Looking over the list of bands I know why. I was only able to recognize one of them. The reason for the cancellation of all concerts was the lack of ticket sales.

If you see that lineup you would understand why they could not sell tickets. The bands are guaranteed to have 99 cent CD's soon enough. I would never go to a concert that I do not know either the music or the bands. I wonder if that is because I am naieve to that music or I, like others, do not recognize the acts, hence the poor ticket sales.

Has anyone else seen the lineup and do you recognize the bands?

A MESSAGE FROM PERRY

To all my Fellow Artisans, Activists, and Feverish Supporters,

It is with heart gripped despair that I inform you of Lollapalooza's disbandment for the summer of 2004. To say that you terribly miss something that never was born is somewhat odd, yet in this case, it is quite accurate.

I hope you can accept my apologies for not providing you with the summer that you had your hearts set on. I tried very hard to keep us on course; heading straight into the most ferocious musical storm in history. We were not able to continue; we were taking on huge financial losses.

And still, I want you to know that I fought for our lives into the final hour.

Please know that I value your talents and look forward to meeting you again - a little later on to re-discover ourselves as friends. If it makes you feel any better, I am in the same boat as most of you; "Only loaded with talent." But with talent like ours, they can't hold us down for long.

Upon reflection, I conclude there is a story here. It is the story of a musical community under the influence. No, silly, it's not drugs. This is an influence far more damaging and threatening, as in: "They are threatening to sue us for damages." My prayer is that we live to fight another day and walk together at the victory parade.

We hoped for comfort but we've never felt too safe. And in these hard times, we've had to navigate through. Unexhausted; is our virtue,

Peretz

PS. I am still looking for a shining moment or two for us this summer. I hope you will receive me when I call.

This was their Lineup

Morrissey

Sonic Youth

PJ Harvey

Modest Mouse

Le Tigre

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

The Von Bondies

The String Cheese Incident

The Flaming Lips

Pixies

Basement Jaxx

Wilco

Michael Franti & Spearhead

Gomez

The Polyphonic Spree

TV on the Radio

+various other small acts

I've heard of 8 of these bands, but they're all washed up Alternative Rock groups, it doesn't amaze me this tour was canceled.