The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten # 14

It took me 14 rounds, but I finally nominated a song that made number #1 and for the first time, both of my nominations made it into the top 10.

Well done. I have only 2 in the top ten so far, and none at #1. I have... unique tastes in music, I guess. :crazy:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Top Ten! :cool: I love everything CCR did... they are one of the most exciting bands ever.

I realise now that "Green Onions" didn't get my vote... there are so many good songs... sometimes I get a little bit lost when it comes to eliminate most of them.

I wished Mountain would be in the Top Ten... I'll have to download that song and post a link so you all will vote it next time it's nominated... ;)

I'm waiting for Earth-Angel to nominate Crazy/ Gnarls Barkley again. I didn't know it last time, but it's in the Australian Charts now and I love it.

Some of the old foges (not you or any of the ladies, of course, edna) should have a listen to it. They'll be pleasantly surprised. (Just don't tell the 'Kids' that it's really an R & B song).

;)

Hi Edna. But still they begin, Needles and pins-uh. Love it ! :thumbsup:

Just repeating our Current Top Ten. :headphones:

sf_songfactorschoicetop10.jpg

Top Ten #14 For Period Ending 10th June 2006

1. WHO'LL STOP THE RAIN - CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL 1970

2. VOODOO CHILD (SLIGHT RETURN) - JIMI HENDRIX 1968

3. WHILE MY GUITAR GENTLY WEEPS - THE BEATLES 1968

4. AT LAST - ETTA JAMES 1961

5. NEEDLES AND PINS - THE SEARCHERS 1964

6. LONG COOL WOMAN (IN A BLACK DRESS) - THE HOLLIES 1971

7. NOVEMBER RAIN - GUNS N' ROSES 1991

8. GREEN ONIONS - BOOKER T. & THE MGs 1962

9. DANCING IN THE DARK - BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN 1984

10.BREAK ON THROUGH - THE DOORS 1967

I keep on nominating older songs thinking they'll get more votes, then one of my favourite songs, November Rain, makes the top ten even though it was released in the 90s. I'll have to keep thinking harder - I've only made the top ten one week out of seven I have nominated so far. I thought either Good Times Bad Times or The Kids Are Alright should have made the ten, but both missed out by less than ten points.

You're certainly not predictable, Katie! You're a lady who knows what she likes and who happens to have impeccable taste in music!

As for me, I'm trying to become less fuddy duddyish! When Daryl first started this thread, I did not bother to even consider songs with which I was not familiar. Now, I go to online music sites to try and hear at least little snippets of those songs I don't know. I have been pleasantly surprised by some of the songs I've heard. Now I don't dismiss out of hand the newer songs nominated by our younger Songfactors.

Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks!!

NNCD39.jpg

WE NOW HAVE OVER 2,000 POSTS AND 10,000 VIEWS IN OUR TOP TEN THREADS/ARCHIVES/FACTS. THANKS FOR MAKING IT SO SUCCESSFUL. TAKE A BOW EVERYBODY !

You are the one who deserves the lion's share of the credit, Darryl!! Thanks again for all your hard work and enthusiasm. We couldn't do it without you! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

well... perhaps it'd be easier to take knowing the song was written by the Boss, Mr. Springsteen? :grin:

Thanks Shawna. I thought Patti wrote it herself, but I see she and The Boss co-wrote it. Some of her songs are a little too much for an innocent person like me.

:angel:

But of course Otis Blackwell wrote All Shook Up. :) He also wrote/co-wrote Don't Be Cruel and Retun To Sender for Elvis, Great Balls Of Fire and Breathless for Jerry Lee Lewis, + Fever and Handy Man.

Thankyouverramuch !

That's very kind of you and much appreciated CanAm, but of course I couldn't do it without all of you ! It's great to have a Site where we can all get together and share our music tastes. Do any of the rest of you find that your friends'/spouse's/children's eyes just glaze over when you talk about Music ?

:)

SUGGESTION FOR A TOPICAL TOP TEN !!! THANKS PHIL. :)

We ARE running a couple of days ahead. Our next Top Ten #15 will be for the period ending 15th June. Phil sent me an idea for a Topical Ten which we could use as a fill in I think.

"Darryl, just for kicks, maybe we can nominate songs that we truly despise and make a top ten list. Just a thought. take care, Phil."

There is a very popular "worst songs" thread in existence which we've probably all visited. Funny how songs that some people like are absolutely hated by others.

Which songs make you bristle ? I can't think of any that I really hate though. Let's give Phil's idea a go ! How about we all nominate 2 songs that get up our nose and vote on them for Top Ten Worst Songs #1.

We won't archive them. This is just a bit of fun. I will start a separate thread for it, but I'll also leave this one open for the time being for any further comments regarding Top Ten #14 (unless it gets too confusing).

:headphones: