Try another...who did.....?

OK, you guys and Gals are so good, this one my be harder. About 10 years ago I switched on and heard the end of a song on the radio and loved it...of course the DJ didn't say who it was (don't you hate it when they do that?)

Anyway...all I can remember was the line 'what's a nice girl like you doing in a town like this?' Male singer...probably a band, deep voice, sounded like it could've been Sad Cafe but I don't think it was...any ideas?

I wanted to find it because I thought our band could cover it...too late now, but I'd still like to find it.

Cheers

JG

It could have been 'place' 'town''joint' or even dump.It may just have been, 'what's a girl like you...doing in a place (dump, joint etc.) like this. It was a slow, rather mournful song (not rap or fast or heavy. I've trawled google for the link myself and never found it. The band were probably called The Something or Others, ie. The Blood, or The Others, or The 'Something' I'm sure they weren't ever that big. I mentioned Sad Cafe as the sort of band and type of music that it sounded like...I'm pretty sure it wasn't them.

I was hoping it would jog someone's memory...a bit like Toni Childs seemd to.

Thanks for trying.

Cheers

JG