Musipedia

Uncle Joe

Here's a site I just heard about this morning through Kim Kimando's Cool Site Of The Day. I haven't tried it yet but I know you Songfactors would want to check it out.

The folks at Musipedia! are busy building a searchable, editable, and expandable encyclopedia of tunes. And you're invited to take part in the action.

Their Melodyhound can find a tune even if all you know is the melody. Simply whistle or sing your melody into the computer.(You know how to whistle, don't you?) Musipedia will search for a match in its database.

Or take the easy way out. You can search for sheet music and MIDI samples using keywords.

TO VISIT THIS SITE, GO HERE: MUSIPEDIA

Let me know what you think.

I find it amazing, Unky! Í don´t know how I can do it from my PC (mac is great for other purposes...) but I´m sure that I can whistle that tune stuck in my head since 1970 summer vacation... then it goes dumdudum...etc... So that melody hunter or whatever will tell me what song it is... I knew the future was near... :drummer:

Hope it works! By the way, congrats for getting to post today, I never saw the computer running THAT slow... my husband is playing chess-on line and it´s super slow too...

I clicked on some connections and came across their "Is there a tune that should be listed here?" page that said original music or music from an artist deceased for at least 75 years could be posted on this website. So, if you've been whistling an original tune, maybe "The Housewife's Dusting Dance," see if this site accepts your home grown opus! :drummer: