Take me to the pilot

Lead me through the chamber

Take me to the pilot

I am but a stranger

Well I know he's not old

And I'm told he's a virgin

For he may be she

But what I'm told is never for certain

I'm pretty sure I read an interview with Bernie Taupin where he says this song doesn't really mean anything. I can't find anything on the web at the moment that confirms that, though.

I've only found confirmation of this on fan sites and album reviews, but apparently it's an accepted notion that Taupin wrote this song so that the meaning would be open to interpretation.

I always thought "the pilot" was The Pilot - God. Probably because of the "take me to the pilot of your soul" line.

I wasn't going to say anything.....thought it was an inside joke! :laughing:

Sue, you´re an angel from the earth... Sorry Annabelle, actually Sue was right... I was joking about my "confusing names"... oh, Annabelle? sorry, Jill!!!! :doh:

Scuze my stupid sense of humor, girls! Now that I know Chris is Chris I need someone to mess with! You´re great the three of you...Sue, Jill and Annabelle!

Thank you, Windy. It´s very easy: you click "quote"... then you copy, then you go back to another quote, you click on "quote", and there you... paste... how do you say for a PC? It´s the two functions you have, first you copy in the memory and then youprint it back. Hope my bad bad bad explanation fits you... sorry, maybe Suzie can explain it better.... Listen, I´ll try to find the thread where she taught me to do it and post it back for you.