The Mardi Gras - Babe I got news for you

edna

A Spanish copy of the single... :D :D Congrats, mja!!!! I found a European site where I could download it... unfortunately, the song can´t be found anymore so I will make a tour among the record collectors. If ever I find the album of course I´ll let you know... well, that band was really good, I still remember that song...

Good to know you, mja!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: It´s a honour! :bow: :bow:

Edna, great to "meet" you as well!

I'm just a regular ol' music fan...but I'm glad to find others like me!

My nephew downloaded "Girl, I got news for you" this afternoon... Well, I got it... in the computer, now I must copy it on a cd. He´s great looking for oldies !! Now I must look among the collectors see if somebody can give me a clue about where to find a copy of the album. In case I have news for you, girl, I post it!!! :coolio:

Oh, I love it!!!! :headphones: :headphones: :headphones: :headphones:

Earworm for the whole family!!!!! :laughing: :laughing:

The kid just put in his iPod and he loves it too... :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana: :happybanana:

By the way, it starts

It´s not fair, why did you lie,

you don´t care, you don´t even try,

you sat there with another guy

laughing at me..."

Great catch on the lyrics - that's actually what I just figured out by listening to my copy of the album (it's a pretty bad tape copy) a few more times.

I wish I had the full lyrics!!

There are some pretty good songs on the album besides GIGNFY - "Everyday I have to Cry Some" is really good, and of course I have to like the cover of B.J. Thomas's "I just Can't Help Believing" (as my dad sings lead on that one).

Best news: I think I've got the real thing on it's way! I found the LP online, on a site called GEMM.com, which pulls together listings from a lot of LP and 45" sites, and offers them in one place.

I purchased it, and I'm crossing my fingers that it is the real deal and is in good enough shape to play.

GEMM also has TONS of Mardi Gras singles, some at pretty reasonable prices...(just in case anyone is interested! :o )