Q for diehard Pink Floyd fans...

SoulGirl

have any of ye heard the version of 'comfortably numb' on the scissors sisters album? i'm a floyd fan myself but i absolutely love it! then again i'm quite crazy about the band in general - they stole the show at oxegen this year. ana matronic is cool and feisty! and the lead singer is like a cross between bowie, elton and freddie with a bit of his own flavour thrown in. i found it hilarious how, despite being as flamboant as they come, he managed to have the beer-swilling lager lout o-waay-sis fans in the audience screaming out 'you're a legend!!!' at him! i feel quite sure that if they met him down an alley they'd give him a kicking! anyway back to the question, i would be interested to here some of your opinions...?

I've been listen to Floyd for some time, and after a while you kind of get used to a song. And when you hear somebody else do an "original" cover of it, you find it hard to take their version serious. But you know SS's version is not supposed to be taken serious (with the Frankie Goes To Hollywood and Bee Gees references in there); actually they take the song completely out of context.

Ya, it was amusing and kind of funny at first. Then I heard it again, and halfway through I got sort of irritated. The next time it just seemed obnoxious.

Their other song is better.

Their other song is better.

they have at least 13 other songs actually! :P

thanks for the opinions guys! of course, i'm a little disappointed but not much surprised... still don't let it put ye off listening to the rest of the album. track four 'mary' is one of the best ballads written in a very long time!