Kid Rock and Queen?

windy1

My son is listening to a CMT outlaws concert special. It's actually not bad if you like country a bit(it's kind of rockin ). Anyway Kid Rock is doing Fat Bottomed Girls by Queen to a country tempo. Guess what? It doesn't sound bad. Oh there they go rockin it up a bit. This concert also has Mettallica's lead on it. It's actually not bad. Kinda scary though.

You an outcast? I thought you were one of the founding mums on this site! ::) OK, windy love, (since I put up John's picture in my cubicle, I have this urge to speak Brit!), didn't hear the Kid Rock thing you refer to, but absolutely love Fat Botttomed Girls and the song that it was paired with as a single, Bicycle Race. In fact, I think Queen's Jazz album, where both songs can be found, is a very underrated work. Now back to your room! :)

Poor Windy, you are not an outcast. I actually meant to watch that this weekend, but Jesus knows they will show it 14 gazillion times, so I'm not worried. Apparently is was quite a line up..."CMT brings together a once-in-a-lifetime lineup of stars including Hank Williams Jr., Kid Rock, Gretchen Wilson, Montgomery Gentry, Big & Rich, Tanya Tucker, Jessi Colter, Shooter Jennings, Metallica?s James Hetfield and Lynyrd Skynyrd?s Gary Rossington, Billy Powell and Johnny Van Zant."

:drummer: :guitar: :rockon:

As long as Kid Rock didn't do to Fat Bottomed Girls what he did to Bad Company's Feel Like Makin' Love.

Amen, brother. I like Kid Rock. He is much more talented than the one note act he is famous for. But his cover of that song blew. The guy from South Park with the artificial voice box did a better job at singing "Feel Like Makin' Love".

Feel like makin love by Kid Rock definatley sucked. He has done another CMT Special with Hank Jr. and it wsn't bad. This special was really good(you're right peaches it'll be on till the cows come home). My youngest is addicted to country and rock, so I see all these things. The whole outlaw concept was cool. Gretchen Wilson happens to be on my top 10 right now, cause she's from about 40 miles from St Louis and reworded one of her songs for the cards in the world series. She sticks to her roots. My thanks to all.. I'm an outcast no more. ::