2013 In Music

RockyRaccoon

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off the top of my head, best of summer releases to me are Yeezus, Sunbather, and Like Clockwork.

edit: And Disclosure's album too.

Those are three of my favorites.

Disclosure's album was just alright for me. Like, I liked it, but I didn't flip over it. Honestly, I think Pet Shop Boys released a better dance album this year.

So here's something I never thought I'd say: The new John Mayer album is really good. Sounds a lot like late 70s Clapton or JJ Cale (he even covers Call Me The Breeze).

I liked it. I thought it was probably just as good as "Born And Raised". Some of the songs sounded a little pedestrian and the Frank Ocean and Katy Perry collaborations sounded out of place, but generally, I liked it.

Also, I just finished Earl Sweatshirt's new album. It's pretty good, better than Tyler, The Creator's album. It takes a couple listens, but it's pretty impressive.

If you like Sigur Ros (and who doesn't?) go listen to Julianna Barwick's "Nepenthe", recorded with Alex Somers, a guy who frequently collaborates with Sigur Ros.

It's gorgeous, and it's powerful. It's about as good as anything Sigur Ros has done.

That album just isn't hooking me the way it seems to be hooking everybody else. It's definitely got pretty moments, but it doesn't stick with me the way Sigur Ros does.

However, I did finally get around to listening to Pond's Hobo Rocket, and that album rules.

That album just isn't hooking me the way it seems to be hooking everybody else. It's definitely got pretty moments, but it doesn't stick with me the way Sigur Ros does.

Bummer. Give another listen or two, maybe it'll catch, maybe not. I've grown to really like it.

However, I did finally get around to listening to Pond's Hobo Rocket, and that album rules.

Awesome :thumbsup: I'm glad you like it, I thought you might.