Glen Burtnik

Carl

When you come across a rock musician who got his start in New Jersey in the '70s and '80s, it's only natural to ask if he played with Bruce Springsteen and knows Jon Bon Jovi. In Glen's case, the answers to both questions are Yes. In fact, Glen was even offered a spot in Bon Jovi. He turned that down, but he did accept an invitation to Styx, which he joined when Tommy Shaw left for Damn Yankees.

Glen became a top songwriter, coming up with songs for Styx and also writing the hit Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough with Patty Smyth.

Check out the part where he talks about not joining Bon Jovi, and think about the big fork in your road when you were younger. Glen thinks he would have ended up in the same place.

Glen Burtnik

:thumbsup: Anybody that does a cover of "You Know My Name"(look up the number)is good :bow:That was the B side of :doh: I can't remember but I played it over and over because it was just totally strange. :stars: That's a really complicated song.And I always wondered who that new guy was with Styx.Now I know. Very good interview (again)

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any way we can request an artist to be interview(I know this might be more difficult that conceived) I would love to hear a interview from Eric Carmen or John Cafferty about their music. I don't know how this works so if anyone can help in contacting this person that's great?

Also amateur writer myself would love to see if there a possibility of doing a interview for songfacts.

WC, yes, you can always request interviews! Can't guarantee that we'll get 'em, but we can certainly try. I will put those names on my list and see what I can accomplish.

Regarding doing interviews yourself, Carl will be the guy you want to talk to. Send him a PT. :)