Boney M singer, Bobby Farrell, dies.

blind-fitter

He sued his producer, Frank Farian, claiming more income of the more than 100 million singles sold by Boney M.

Mr. Farian replied by reveiling that he never ever had sung a note on a Boney M- record.

Bobby was merely a spectacular disco dancer, so it seems.

This is a commercial that he did for a Dutch insurance company, in 2006:

The dutch talking guy is promising lots of money, while Bobby is working his ass off, and not taking care of a pension.

I've been getting into this group lately, as a result of posting a thread asking other members of this site about them. Blind Fitter and Edna turned me onto some great songs by them.

I've watched Farrell's performances, not only was he a good singer, but also great at dancing while keeping up to the beat and an overall entertainer as well.

This is very unfortunate news, but I am curious about the background information regarding the case posted by JumboXL.

R.I.P. Mr. Farrell :(

it's not really news that Farrell never sung in any Boney M song, the vocals were actually provided by Frank Farian (the producer / songwriter). I think he even casted the whole band only after he wrote their first songs

...btw that's also the same guy who produced (and sometimes sang for) Milli Vanilli

To be fair, Bobby Farrell did form the band himself. He had put out a solo record in Holland, before recruiting the 3 other members of Boney M. Only after forming the band, did they start working with Frank Farian. Bobby Farrell did the vocals at all live performances and such like. However, Frank Farian didn't rate Farrell's singing voice, so he used his own voice for recording purposes. Hell, even if Farrell's voice isn't the one we hear on the records, who gives a toss, really? It's all part of pop's rich tapestry. I, for one, salute him in his passing. :)