Lifted Riffs

bazooka

• 2 weeks later...

The solo guitar riff from Oasis' Supersonic is also the main riff from George Harrison's "My Sweet Lord", but slowed down, and played over different chord changes.

I like this one. It's not obvious because of the different context.

LBB

The chorus riff from You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet by Bachman Turner Overdrive is pretty obviously "borrowed" from Baba O'Riley (or possibly Bargain or Won't Get Fooled Again - all three have similar riffs) by The Who. The vocals are even stuttered like My Generation. :grin:

heck....try finding one that's not lifted

Here's what Ritchie Blackmore (Deep Purple) had to say on the subject of becoming a good guitarist...

GP-What advice would you give to a person who wanted to become a good rock guitarist?

RB-I'd have a tendency to say "Get a good guitar, and get a good tutor book." Really the only way you can get good - unless you're a genius - is to copy. You'll never come up with your own gear, untill you've copied.

That's the best thing. Just steal.

here's a link to the intire Guitar Player interview

http://www.thehighwaystar.com/interviews/blackmore/rb1973xxxx.html

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm so surprised you guys never talked about Boston's "More Than a Feeling" riff and Nirvana's "Smell's Like Teen Spirit". I mean Kurt was such obvious fan of it and denied it because he was such contradiction to himself and claimed that he The Melvin's were his source of admiration...B-S!