Are you ready for the big one?

Mike

Emergency, such as a major power outage, earthquake, you know, your garden variety emergency?

You should have some water to last a few days, flashlights, some portable cooking materials, some food (canned soups), a small generator (enough to run your fridge/freezer periodically to keep the temp down). Battery powered radio to listen for news bulletins. Gas for generator and fuel for portable cooking etc. Just to name a some essentials.

Not long before leaving St Louis we went through 2 major weather related power outages, one due to straight line winds, one due to an ice storm. I went 4 days without power during the first, and 2 weeks without for the second. As much as you think it's not a huge deal ... it is. It sucked!! :P

I laughed when I arrived in San Diego, and found that we have stuff stockpiled "for the big one". After the fires of a year ago though, I'm not laughing. I feel as though Mother Nature is following me around. We've got earthquake food, water, a stove & fuel, flashlights & batteries, candles & matches and I don't know what all else. I'd say we're prepared. Maybe we could use a generator. I've dealt with Mother Nature entirely enough, I will never be unprepared!