Yo La Tengo

Farin

Last.fm radio played them already three times for me, and I think I could like them :)

After investigating a bit it seems that they've been around for quite a while, so I guess the chance that one of you can tell me something about them and maybe (hopefully) suggest some cool songs is given. :)

Last.fm highly recommends them to me, but when I played my recommendations the chose not to enlighten me, so... I've got to do some research too. It tells me I'll like them cos they're similar to Pavement, Low, Spiritualized and My Bloody Valentine.

Last.fm highly recommends them to me, but when I played my recommendations the chose not to enlighten me, so... I've got to do some research too. It tells me I'll like them cos they're similar to Pavement, Low, Spiritualized and My Bloody Valentine.

Yo La Tengo are not similar to any of those artists. Not to my ears, anyway.

if I remember right the similar artists are calculated by how many people listen to, say Yo La Tengo AND Low, Spiritualized, etc

and not necessarily by the style of their music - even though that's what it comes down to most of the time...

so I noticed that, eg, very often a band and the solo project of one of their members are the most similar artists, even though they don't make the same music at all