The Rolling Stones

Brad_M

I stumbled upon a website today while doing research for the quiz and thought I would share it with you.

It chronicles The Rolling Stones day to day activities from their beginning to 2008.

Very interesting reading. It includes many personal activities in their lives as well as concert and recording information.

Section I: Database offers:

> A chronicle of each year's happenings along with a group photo from each year.

> Complete Discography

> Complete Concert Log

> Song lists from each concert

Section II: Themes offers:

> Quotes and answers from each member along with more photos

Fans of the band can check it out here:

Timeisonourside.com

That's a great link! The facts database gave me the chance to verify my memories.

And yes, there it is, my first Stones concert:

"October 5-9, 1970: The Rolling Stones conclude their European Tour with more concerts in West

Germany - Frankfurt (for the first time) and Essen -, and their first performance in Amsterdam,

The Netherlands."

The 7th one was two years ago.......

It is all in the The Rolling Stones Chronicle

1961-2008, in the database section (scroll down on first page to select sections).

78: http://www.timeisonourside.com/chron1978.html

79: http://www.timeisonourside.com/chron1979.html . Warning: the 1979 page has the worst picture of Mick Jagger that has ever been taken....

Laurie, click on Database and then click on the year...

I saw them for the first time in 1982... two shows... amazing. July 7-9, 1982: The Rolling Stones perform two concerts...in Madrid, Spain, their first ever in the city.

Thanks Guys!

July 26, 1978: The Rolling Stones end their 1978 U.S. Tour on Mick Jagger's 35th birthday, at Alameda

Coliseum in Oakland, California.

I forgot that this was on Mick's 35th birthday...Eddie Money opened for them....then Santana played...Santana was amazing!...then Santana played Happy Birthday to Mick, and helicopters went over the stadium and dropped all these pink balloons over the crowd...some people in front of us had a huge sign that said HAPPY F----N' BIRTHDAY MICK....I remember taking a picture of that sign, and then I had to hide it from my parents so they wouldn't see it...(hehehehe)...The Best Concert I've Ever Seen...I was staying with a good friend for a month in California...I didn't want to go back home, I had such a good time at 16 yrs old....When I got back to NY, my friends were very jealous...I told them about the great time I had, and I also had a great tan!....I think it was 100 degrees the day of that concert...