Sign in to follow this  
BTVSfan

The Doors- people are strange- cover by evanescence

few months ago evanescence did a cover of people are strange-

usualy i dont like The Doors' covers because i think the originals are so amazing and perfect, no one should change them because nothing can top Jim and The Doors.

however,as an evanescence fan, i think this cover is really awesome! it's not like the original but i think it's very good.

my question is, is there an interview or something with Amy Lee about this cover? i would love to here what she thinks about The Doors!

I too love the Doors, but I am afraid of clicking this link because I have heard a cover of 'Zero' by (my favourite band) The Smashing Pumpkins....

But I will look for the interview however, since the people were so nice to me when I came here :D

And welcome to Songfacts BTVSfan :thumbsup:

Edited by Guest

With the sound quality of the clip, I don't want to form an opinion on this. The Doors are untouchable, but at the same time I usually love Amy Lee's voice. Could be a decent cover.

Amy Lee's voice is amazing! she is the only person i allow to cover the doors :thumbsup:

I think The Doors are one of those bands you can't cover. Even though I love (dare I say worship) The Cure, I hated their coevr of "Hello, I Love You". It's not that it was bad, it's just you can't cover it. There music is something you cannot build upon. I'd like someone to show me a cover of a Doors song that the person had made their own.

No one will ever be able to get inside Jim Morrisons mind. Ever.

however,as an evanescence fan, i think this cover is really awesome! it's not like the original but i think it's very good.

my question is, is there an interview or something with Amy Lee about this cover? i would love to here what she thinks about The Doors!

Edited by Guest
spamalamadingdong