Your the pot hole to my race horse

The black crow to my dove

Your the fox to my chicken house

Is this really love?

Your the thorn to my red rose

The hole in my shoe

Your the goat amist my sheep

But I love You.

I'm not sure if it's finished yet, I didn't want to force anything. I know it's an old idea but I'd like your comments anyways please!

Hey Bloof!

I'm not being mean, but as a fellow writer I know how some pieces need to be re-worked a bit... by the comment you left at the bottom it seems as though even you believe this to be true. I think the idea has great promise and several lines are good. Certain lines, however, IMO are a bit off.

"Your the Squirrel to my nut"

and

"Your the pot hole to my race horse"

are the 2 lines that seem kind of out of place. To me the lines don't have that soft feeling to them.

Remember, this is just my opinion, so I'm not offended if you choose to ignore me. Someone like S2V would be better at helping and giving better criticism. I thought it was nice, otherwise! :thumbsup:

Your the Squirrel to my nut

Bleeding heart for hire

Your ... I assume you know all these are you're, but out of sheer rebellion to convention will misspell them. ?.

The frown to my smile

Your the salt to my slug

I'm not in denial

Great lines .... . About this time I had my tux and tails on and was dancing. This is a great set of Broadway-like lyrics! Love them all!

Your the pot hole to my race horse

The black crow to my dove

Your the fox to my chicken house

Is this really love?

Real rythmic, these lines just tumble out upon me and i love it. You are a fabulous writer, Bloof. I always thought so. I also feel you fighting the discipline it takes to be a successful one. That's OK. You SHOULD rebel! You are young. Just don't wait too long to come back inside out of the rain.

Your the thorn to my red rose

The hole in my shoe

Your the goat amist my sheep

But I love You. ..... Nah! That is not what you wanted. That is what you settled for and stuck on there. It needs 2 - 21/2 beats yet and is so ... so ..... unrebellious!

• 2 weeks later...

Apart from the glaring grammatical error, which S2V already pointed out, and the rather abrupt and naff ending, this is a pretty cool and cute poem. As you already know, it still needs some work to be "the finished article"

I agree almost unequivocally with S2V's comments.

As I've said before BlueF, you appear to have a natural talent for writing, which could really blossom if you keep working at it.

Your stuff doesn't always work for me, but that's to be expected: I can be a pernickety curmudgeon, hard to please with peculiar tastes. But when it does work, it really does*. :thumbsup:

* This one doesn't quite, but it might when it's finished. ;)