Hometown Tragedy

_Laurie_

I remember reading that story when it happened, just so sad and heartbreaking. Such a great loss and those girls so young. Just horrible.

We were just reading at work the other day about how many people try to text when they are driving and the numbers were very high in young adults, and people in their 30's and 40's. I can't do it driving, I barely can talk on the phone and pay attention. A friend told me that in California you can get a $200 fine for talking on a cell phone.

That's true Janey. California just tightened their laws regarding several things, that one being one of them. 'Bout time, in my view. I never talk on the phone while driving. It's just plain dangerous, as evidenced by the above link... :crazy:

Well , I hope there's a better clampdown than here . Japan has had the rule nationally for 2+ years now ( all talk and no show , usually - or something ridiculously over the top ) , but it is rarely enforced , taken and fined lightly , or generaly ignored - with the stats remaining about the same . Take your pick : Someone considered legally drunk flying down the road or someone engaged ( to their ear ) in a 'heavy' conversation ... recent research shows little difference .

If this is gonna fly by , I'd like to appeal for the alcohol rate to be raised to 0.12 . Still safe , IMO . and a lot less trouble for the cops and taxpayers .

I never leave home, so I won't have to worry about morons who can't simply keep themselves focussed on the task of driving. Anyone remember the driving test when you were 16? Such pressure and so much to rememeber!! How many people continue with any good driving habits? No matter what the law people will break them anyway. How long has it been that seatbelts were mandatory? I still have alot of relatives who don't buckle up. It's just a matter of waiting until every driver kills each other, then there will be safer streets.