Copyright Protection?

lonelyday

Sorry, I had no idea where to put this question.

I just tried to play a new cd on my computer but when i put it in I kept getting virus warnings from our internet security. So I the computer has a virus which has affected a few files including the internet security and I think it must have come from the cd.

I'm just wondering whether this is some kinda new hardout copyright protection measure cd labels are using or if it is actually possible to get a computer virus from an audio cd?

If any one knows anything about this kinda stuff help would be great because i'm not too sure what's going on. :(

If it´s a cd from some record company and you bought it in a shop, it would be the first time I hear a virus got in that way... The Copyright protection is a system that avoids you to burn that cd. Bruce Springsteen had a copyright protected cd, I believe...

Sony, I believe, a few years ago brilliantly put a program onto new CDs that would cripple any computer the disc was placed into. They obviously weren't thinking of the repercussions from law abiding people who simply wanted to play the disc from their computer. Naturally, within a short time someone figured out that to hold the "shift" button down when starting the computer would defeat the protection program...

Most, if not all, new discs have the big warning sign on them, but nothing to stop you from ripping mp3s.

Or just get the tracks off free download sites- those record companies must be hiring absolute genius'.

I'm thinking now that maybe it wasn't my cd that started that virus, a friend of mine has the same cd and nothing like this happened to her but i'm not gonna play it on the computer now that it's fixed just in case...