No More KISS...(unless the money is good)

RonJonSurfer

Gene Simmons: 'No More KISS Reunion Tours'

He can no longer put up with Ace Frehley and Peter Criss' substance abuse issues.

Rocker Gene Simmons has ruled out ever hitting the road with the original KISS line-up again because he can no longer put up with Ace Frehley and Peter Criss' substance abuse issues.

The bass player admits he still loves his old band members dearly but he can no longer spend time with them on tour.

He says, "I love (Ace) dearly, he's a sweetheart, but he's his own worst enemy. He's great with lots of people around but when he's alone he doesn't like himself. And he numbs himself. He's been numbing himself for 34 years.

"I personally don't want to (tour with them). I love Ace and Peter, always have, and because of my tough love thing I've never been shy about saying they've been drug addicts and alcoholics, and they've destroyed themselves."

But Simmons insists he can't completely rule out a reunion tour - especially if the price is right: "I reserve the right to change my mind about Ace and Peter any time I choose. Never say never... People say you can't be bought... (but) even God passes the hat around at the end of the sermon."

Copyright World Entertainment News Network 2007

Frehley and Criss have substance abuse problems because of Gene The Control Freak. For the entire duration of Kiss' existance, Simmons has been horrid To Ace and Pete. Frehley has no self esteem yet a truly sweet natured guy. And Pete is old-school Brooklyn Italian with his own set of issues. Gene Simmons should thank his two former bandmates. They helped make him rich beyond measure.