Eddie Van Halen Inducted Into Rehab

RonJonSurfer

Eddie Van Halen Going to Rehab Days Before Induction Ceremony

Guitarist Eddie Van Halen is seeking alcohol-related treatment just days before Van Halen's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony.

By Tarah Oliver

Guitarist Eddie Van Halen is seeking alcohol-related treatment just days before Van Halen will be honored at a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony in New York City next week, according to Rolling Stone and TMZ.com.

"I would like Van Halen fans to know how much I truly appreciate each and every one of you. Without you there is no Van Halen," said Eddie to his fans in a statement released by his rep.

"I have always and will always feel a responsibility to give you my best. At the moment I do not feel that I can give you my best. That’s why I have decided to enter a rehabilitation facility to work on myself, so that in the future I can deliver the 110% that I feel I owe you and want to give you.

Some of the issues surrounding the 2007 Van Halen tour are within my ability to change and some are not. As far as my rehab is concerned, it is within my ability to change and change for the better. I want you to know that is exactly what I’m doing, so that I may continue to give you the very best I am capable of.

I look forward to seeing you in the future better than ever and I thank you with all my heart."

The rock legend was not expected to attend the induction ceremony after the group decided not to perform at the event.

Instead, Velvet Revolver frontman Scott Weiland and guitarist Slash, who will induct the group into Cleveland, Ohio's Hall Of Fame later this month, will perform a tribute to the legendary group.

It is still uncertain whether any member of Van Halen will attend the New York City, although there are reports Sammy Hagar and Michael Anthony may show up.

The group's much anticipated reunion plans have been put on hold after a summer tour with original frontman David Lee Roth was indefinitely postponed.

World Entertainment News Network contributed to this report

My theory on this whole cruel circulating photo of Eddie is this: our generation freaking about their own age, mortality and time passing. Eddie was gorgeous, talented and full of life. We can't stand seeing what has happened to him. Sure, he has abused himself and had cancer so that shows (not QUITE as bad as the unfair photo circulating!), but still he is 52. Society hates to be reminded that we all don't stay pretty.

I had a HUGE crush on Eddie. And, I still love him. I hope he pulls through for his son and himself. He still has some soul in him if he gets himself together.

Sigh...I hate to admit how much I have thought about this. ;)