Sign in to follow this  
Batman

2007 Music

believe it or not, but I wanted to post my Top 3 of Icky Thump in Random Music Thoughts today :grin:

okay, I can do 5 too...

1. Rag and Bone

2. Prickly Thorn, but Sweetly Worn

3. I'm slowly turning into You

4. Icky Thump

5. Bone Brock (the intro reminds me of something... any idea? :P )

Aside from Dinosaur Jr, I've not heard of the other bands in your initial post in the second page. Dino Jr. 'sokay. I 'lieve you :headphones: The rest of the stuff you mentioned in the first page, I'd have to be heavily sedated so I wouldn't be able to press the [eject] button.

My "Best Albums Of The Year So Far"

Von Sudenfed - "Tromatic Reflexxions"

Arctic Monkeys - "Favourite Worst Nightmare"

Lady Sovereign - "Public Warning"

Jarvis Cocker - "Jarvis"

Gossip - "Standing in The Way Of Control"

"Jarvis" is a great album, I totally agree!

I quite like the Gossip, and "standing in the way of control" is an awesome song, but I'm not that amazed by the rest of the album

You may be right. :crazy: I might not have tested it often enough. It could be that her excellent voice is carrying some "middling" songs.

Mind you, I think I remember you being pretty lukewarm about the Arctic Monkeys debut LP early last year. Have you changed your tune on that one yet? ;)

I steadfastly stand by my other four suggestions, though. :P

You may be right. :crazy: I might not have tested it often enough. It could be that her excellent voice is carrying some "middling" songs.

Mind you, I think I remember you being pretty lukewarm about the Arctic Monkeys debut LP early last year. Have you changed your tune on that one yet? ;)

I steadfastly stand by my other four suggestions, though. :P

yep, I wasn't much into it but now I do like it. it's just that the rest of the songs seem a bit bleh, nothing too exciting, not the raw energy of "standing in the way of control".

actually, the new arctic monkeys , which I also said was a good 2007 album, is alright, but not as good as the first one. I'd actually forgotten I had it and considered buying it (thankfully I realised before making the purchase). perhaps listening to it a bit more will help

Turns out "Jarvis" was actually released late 2006, so it doesn't qualify for inclusion here.

Since I've just got round to procuring the Grinderman album, "Grinderman", and so far it's sounding pretty flipping awesome, I'll propose it instead.

Since I've just got round to procuring the Grinderman album, "Grinderman", and so far it's sounding pretty flipping awesome, I'll propose it instead.

I just listened to "Get it on" and "No (Female Cat) Blues" and I think (am pretty sure) I want the album now

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: