Stay - Jackson Browne

BungalowBilly

Yesterday me and my brother heard a song on the radio. Neither one of us can remember any words what so ever! But I remember these facts:

1. First a male sings a verse, then a female sings a verse, then a third female sings a verse

2. All the verses were the same

3. The second female singer sounded like a grandma to me and my brother and made us laugh.

4. There were saxophone breakdowns that repeated the vocal melody.

5. THE SONG WAS LIVE!!!

6. It was some kind of love song with a really catchy hook/phrase (but obviously not catchy enough... lol!)

7. It was on an oldies station and sounded like the mid 70's

Please help me! It's driving me crazy!

Thanks,

Billy

Edited by Guest
solved

and obviously, all the parts are sung by males!!!!

actually, there is a female singer on that song... it's the live version on the "Running On Empty" LP, right? Rosemary Butler sings right after Jackson, and then the guy with the really high-pitched voice (Maurice something?) sings the last "Stay" chorus...

Jackson Browne! The father of wuss rock. Without him, we wouldn't have james blunt and jack johnson =:P

Wuss Rock? I guess. My opinion would be more like pure Country Rock. His music is nothing like James Blunt or Jack Johnson. He's actually an extremely prolific songwriter and poet. The song Stay (usually listed and played along with The Load Out as one song) is actually a song about his roadies and life on the road in general. It's truly one of my favorite songs!

But then I'm country. Or maybe wuss-like!! :)

• 3 weeks later...

That song from "Running on Empty" is a classic by now...

I think it´s Jackson´s Browne most famous tune (though it´s a cover of The Zodiacs´ song).

Edna...I hope you don't mind me throwing in some imput. Jackson Brown's most famous tune is Take It Easy made popular first by the Eagles. Jackson Browne who co-wrote Take It Easy with Glenn Frey of the Eagles.

Other songs that were bigger than Stay by Jackson Browne in my opinion would be "Doctor My Eyes", "Running On Empty", "The Pretender" and "Somebody's Baby".

Edited by Guest