Seger dumps Chevy like a rock

RonJonSurfer

Bob Seger Dumps Chevrolet

He sees the beauty in smaller, environmentally-friendly cars.

Rocker Bob Seger has shocked car makers at Chevrolet after decades of loyalty, by admitting he prefers Porsches and Nissans.

The Michigan musician famously sang about his love for Chevrolet in his 1976 track "Night Moves" and allowed General Motors to use his song "Like A Rock" in their advertisements.

But after watching Al Gore's global-warming documentary 'An Inconvenient Truth,' Seger admits he is starting to see the beauty in smaller, more environmentally-friendly vehicles and his love affair with Chevrolet is over.

He says, "I don't have any of them anymore. Not one, no.

"You just look at oil prices, and it's just, 'Wow! You've gotta do something.'

"We consume so much and it can't be good for the economy, the whole country in the final analysis to consume as much as we do."

In his new song "Between" from his latest album 'Face The Promise,' Seger sings, "We buy a bigger engine and say it isn't me."

Copyright World Entertainment News Network 2006

'Bout time Bob! I love Seger, but I really disliked those commercials.

Funny story. A friend bout a new Chevy Silverado when the commercials were still fairly new. Promplty took it through an area on our property called the "Sippy Hole", a mudhole notorious for sucking in anything and everything. Also promptly sunk to the top of the wheels. I took a picture of him in the truck he was so proud of, had it enlarged, with the caption "Like A Rock". That picture provided lots of laughs, and still hangs in our bait shop.

I don't know Northern Pike from Great White shark. Crappie? Catfish? Big mouth or White bass? Wall Eye? I got you covered. My experience? Spend all the money on fancy stuff all you want. You can do just as well on a Zebco 505.

I've also got 65 campsites if you feel the desire to pull an RV from PA to MO....