Quiz August 2006

Here are the results for this months quiz.

2 entries had all 10 answers correct.

They are:

Gina from Paradise Valley, AZ

Joel-Steven from Anaheim, CA

Joel-Steven was closest with the tie-breaker and wins a clean and comfortable SongFacts T-Shirt (compliments of our webmaster, Carl :coolio: ).

Here are the questions and answers from this months quiz:

1. What musician has been in movies with Elizabeth Hurley, George Clooney, Jennifer Connelly and Jennifer Lopez?

Ice Cube (1999 Three Kings with George Clooney), (1996 Anaconda with Jennifer Lopez), (1996 Dangerous Ground with Elizabeth Hurley), (1994 Higher Learning with Jennifer Connelly)

2. What '90s song tells the story of a boy in Nebraska who is accused of killing his girlfriend?

"Hazard" by Richard Marx

3. What song title is shared by a '70s Top 40 hit by a classic American group and an '80s Top 40 hit by an English group?

"Our House" by CSNY and also by Madness (2 different songs but they share the same song title)

4. What singer/songwriter has the unlikely real first name "Clyde"?

Jackson Browne (His birth name is Clyde Jackson Browne)

5. What late member of a British rock band was called the "Ox"?

John Entwistle of The Who

6. What hit from the '80s makes fun of superficial TV newscasters?

"Dirty Laundry" by Don Henley

7. What famous song with a one-word title is about a renowned painter?

"Vincent" by Don McLean. (It's about Vincent Van Gogh)

8. What popular Rock band named an album after a chapter heading in a children's novel?

Pink Floyd (Their album Piper At The Gates Of Dawn was named after a chapter in Kenneth Grahame's Wind In The Willows)

9. What singer had a US hit in the '70s with a song she sang in a Broadway show?

Yvonne Elliman (She had a hit with "I Don't Know How to Love Him" from Jesus Christ Superstar)

10. What famous musician directed and starred in a movie that was set in 1920s Paris?

Prince (Under The Cherry Moon)

Thanks to everyone who entered and be sure to take the new quiz Here

I was finally going to play this game because I thought I finally knew the answers...noe there's another thing I don't know....Does the quiz end at the end of the 28th or the beginning? Being a natural procrastinator and always looking to make a grand entrance....I thought I had until the end of the 28th, but the answers were posted just after midnight.....I suppose it ended on the 27th for the west coast.

Just checking so I know for the next rare opportunity where I think I have the answers..

• 4 weeks later...