When you think "country" think Bon Jovi

RonJonSurfer

Bon Jovi Eyes Country Record

Jon and Richie Sambora hope to record an album with veteran country musicians.

Rocker Jon Bon Jovi is planning a move into country music by recording an album in Nashville, Tennessee.

The singer and his Bon Jovi band member Richie Sambora hope to record an album with veteran country musicians.

Bon Jovi tells the New York Post, "The change is in the music - it's time for change. 'Keep The Faith' was why we stayed relevant in the '90s. In 2000, we changed again when we did 'It's My Life.' That's when a new generation discovered us.

"We didn't plan any of that, it just happened. I can smell change coming again. I'm thinking of a Nashville sessions record. I'd like to knock out a quick record with a few country writers and artists and me and Richie.

"I'd like to get two or three artists to do duets with. I'd like to give a couple of Nashville songwriters a chance to shine, and Richie and I would write a few songs to prove we could hold our own with these guys."

Bon Jovi made history by becoming the first rock band to top the country chart earlier this year, when their collaboration with Sugarland singer Jennfier Nettles, "Who Says You Can't Go Home," went to number one.

Copyright World Entertainment News Network 2006