an update on our lovely pete doherty

invisible_r

yes, arrested again! from the nme:

Pete Doherty 'held on EasyJet flight'

Babyshambles singer detained in Barcelona

Babyshambles singer Pete Doherty has been detained aboard an EasyJet flight in Barcelona after a syringe was found in the aircraft's toilet, according to an airline spokeswoman.

Police are said to be searching the plane as it sits on the runway with 142 passengers aboard, the Easyjet spokeswoman added.

The captain of the flight from London Gatwick radioed ahead to ask police to meet the flight at Barcelona's El Prat airport.

Doherty and the rest of Babyshambles were travelling in a seven-strong party and were due to perform at the Primavera Sound Festival.

Easyjet said that the band will now be banned from flying with the company.

A UK spokesperson for the singer was unable to confirm the reports at the time of going to press.

I´m being told The Babyshambles performed yesterday in Barcelona but the concert was pathetic. Doherty was completely stoned or whatever and the audience was getting really bored, they were almost fired from the stage... Motörhead played after them and the audience was happy again.

unfortunately, it must be worse than just stoned if they found syringes in the plane!

when we were watching eurovision , we were commenting on how pathetic the english entry was compared to the wealth of music coming from the uk. someone suggested that maybe pete doherty should have entered and then we all laughed and said he would probably get arrested at the airport for drug possesion!

Actually it´s dealers who go to jail, not users. If you´re a junkie you´re supposed to go to rehab... now, if he insists he can be accused of posession and then he´d go to jail, sure. But law offers more chances to people hooked on drugs... that´s the theory, at least. And it also depends of the country you live and its laws.

He's kicked a reporter, he's been seen injecting other people, he's using illegal substances on a daily/hourly basis, he's posing potential harm to people at his concerts (he's absolutely unpredictable)! So I can use drugs and go "Oops, I'm not a dealer so I just need to go to rehab and all is good?" And they arrest you for not paying your TV licence... :stars: