Tough trivia question

Aleris

This is old school trivia, and it has me really stumped. Anyone who can answer this gets 15 extra cool points.

"This guitar player was the last guitar student, ever, of the legendary blues/jass player W.P. Mosely. He virtually vanished from the music scene in 1973 or thereabouts. The only remaining recording is a compilation of bluesy tunes (with Captain Beefheart overtones) called "Popcorn Pie," which includes such favorites as "Filmore Avenue Blues," "Cowboy Beans," and, of course, "Popcorn Pie." Who is it?"

Yeah, I confirmed that the name is spelled right.

It's likely that W P Mosely was a given name, but he had a different stage name. I don't see how else a "legendary" musician would be so obscure that even Google can't find him. This is driving me nuts! Thanks for the help guys.

Could be - that's the best guess so far. The only problem is, mystery mans' big album's name is "Popcorn Pie" and not "Things I Used to Do" or any of the others listed, and at least according to the question, mystery dude only has one surviving album.

Let me insist about it... "Popcorn Pie" doesn´t exist as a song nor an album... nor the other two songs you mention. Nor that "legendary" artist... At least, according to many music sites, Google, my own files, etc. I could be wrong, but it looks like a joke... :shades:

I know it's not a joke - sadly it's a question on my take-home any-source final exam. Obviously intended to torture us :P

I am so throughly stumped by this that I'm coming up with whacky alternate theories.

1) W P Mosely is a character in a book, and his mystery student is also fictional

2) Mystery student is my instructor :P

So far, none of the students have found the correct answer. The best guesses so far were "Yo mana" and "Here's a trivia question for you: Who slashed your tires?"

Edited by Guest

I don't know the answer, but it just so happens that Brad posted the lyrics to "Popcorn Pie" by W.P. Mosely in the Word Up thread in the Fun and Games boards. I suppose that confirms the existence of W.P Mosely and the song.

As Earth-Angel mentioned, we need one of the musical geniuses from these boards to answer this. Especially Brad.

Edited by Guest
Because I am a retard and I can't spell

I can't guarantee it, but I suspect the recently Ninja-esque Brad is yanking your chain. There are plenty of 'jokesy folks' here on the Songfacts Boards (not excluding yours truly) standing at the ready for some jovial mischief.

Brad, if I've misjudged you ...

so what?

Ok, gigs up!

My bad! :crazy:

I searched under every stone for an answer to this question and came up with absolutely nothing. :confused:

When I saw the word "popcorn" listed as the next "word up", I couldn't resist posting the lyrics from Led Zeppelin's "Custard Pie" and substituting the word "popcorn" for "custard", to see if anyone would take notice. }:|

Experiment completed.

Carry on! =:P