Mozart

Mike

Born 250 years ago today.

Pretty influential composer - no?

Lived to the ripe old age of 35!!

Eine kleine Nachtmusik is probably my favorite.

Then maybe Piano Sonata No. 11 in A major, K. 331: III. Rondo alla turca: Allegretto

There are others.

I also really like Tchaikovsky, Beethoven, Rossini.

Discuss, please. These are the roots of many a music makers of the 20th. Century!

My grandpa just told me that. He said that Salzberg is all lit up. He's big classical music afficionado.

I can't tell the pieces by their names. And I am really no authority on classical music. But from what I have heard all the way since childhood, I have deciphered that I like Beethoven and Johann Strauss the best. I used to listen to Strauss every night in bed when I was 9-10 years old.

I played classical music for both my kids all night in their rooms when they were babies, my oldest is an A/B student, already in college prep courses (in Grade 8) already earning point towards a scholarship.

My youngest qualifies for advancements in kindergarten, is very intuitive and is deeply creative. For what it's worth. (they didn't get this from me folks)

As portrayed in the movie "Amadeus" (Hollywood style), Mozart was the first true "rock" star. His light shone bright and died out early. He partied and spent all of his money. Critics said he used "too many notes" in his music and played too fast. His lifestyle was critiqued and attacked. Woman loved him, men wanted to be him. He traveled with ease between the worlds of Kings and paupers....his was a life style of extravagance and genius....that, my friends, is a Rock Star....Thanks for the music Wolfy...